Reena has 15 years of corporate commercial experience and has worked on a variety of significant M&A transactions, both UK and cross border. She founded Carter Bond Solicitors in 2014 with the principles of quality legal advice and service.
Reena has built long term relationships with clients which include private companies on acquisition plans, investment funds and management teams, and has helped with their joint venture strategy and ongoing corporate advice.
More about Reena Popat
Reena’s experience as an entrepreneur gives her an excellent foundation and inside knowledge when advising business owners and management teams on the legal issues that affect businesses and has significant experience in buying and selling businesses and corporate restructuring for various sectors including pharmacies, retail and technology. Her strong commercial instinct and aptitude, coupled with excellent business development skills, has resulted in generating business from various industry sectors and organisations. She is well versed in advising on early-stage financing debt and equity as well as exit strategies.
- Shortlisted by the Law Society Excellence Awards 2018.
- Nominated Young Entrepreneur of the Year for the inaugural London Asian Business Awards 2017.
- Acted for Indian Pharmaceutical company in £multi-million acquisition of UK pharmaceutical company.
- Advising shareholders on the sale of a group of pharmacies initially set up via an EIS structure.
- Acted for Indian cinema company in acquisition of majority stake in UK cinema chain.
- Advised a number of international brand name Japanese companies on various matters, including restructuring, acquisitions and a variety of commercial agreement.
- Advising a non-UK listed purchaser on a £3m acquisition of a global manufacturing company.
- Advising management teams on equity participation, warranties and disclosures on £3m+ deals.
- Sale of a distribution business to 100+ employees with associated loan and security documentation.
- Establishing a contractual joint venture operating in UK, China and Mexico.
- Acts for Administrators/Liquidators and buyers in numerous sales and purchases of businesses out of Administration/Liquidation.
Yoga, photography, writing literature with focus on legal issues on start-up businesses.
The experience listed above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Carter Bond Solicitors