Arthur has been practising law for over 30 years. He is also a notary public.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance, banking law and corporate restructuring and insolvency.
He has acted on acquisitions in a variety of sectors including pharmaceuticals, high-tech, IT, oil and gas, financial services, media, retail and the hospitality industry.
He is practised in cross border transactions and has developed a vibrant international practice and has acted for a number of brand named English, American, Japanese and Indian companies.
He has also developed a vibrant banking and secured lending practice and acts for a number of banks, mezzanine and bridge lenders.
He holds a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree and is a member of various institutions including, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb), the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3) and the Notaries Society.
More about Arthur Fernandes
Arthur’s recent and previous deals include:
· Acting for IT company in £150M private equity investment
· Acting for IT company in various European cross border acquisitions ranging from £5M to £100M
· Acting for UK pharmaceutical company in £25M sale of its German subsidiary
· Acting for corporate borrower in £50M refinancing of its banking facilities
· Acting for property investment borrower in £25M refinancing
· Acting for seller in £330m cross border sale of pharmaceutical compan
· Acting for a number of investors and developers in several multi-million pound property deals
· Acting for Japanese Company in restructuring of its UK and European subsidiaries
· Acting for sellers in a group company consisting of a Swiss company and a Nigerian company in a multi-million sale of shares to a US company in the oil and gas sector
· Acting for Indian pharmaceutical company in £multi-million acquisition of UK pharmaceutical company
· Acting for sellers in £20m sale of shares in a communications group to a US company
· Acting for buyers in £multi-million purchase of international subsidiary of high-tech company (microwave technology)
· Acting for a consortium of Japanese companies in a £multi-million acquisition of shares in a joint venture company in the automotive sector
· Advising a number of international brand name Japanese companies on various matters, including restructuring, acquisitions and a variety of commercial agreement
· Acting for administrators/liquidators and buyers in numerous sales and purchases of businesses out of administration/liquidation
· Acting for banks and financial institutions in multi-million pounds secured lending deals
Enjoys languages, comparative religions, philosophy, politics , playing chess , badminton and golf and spectating at football, cricket and motor sports.
The experience listed above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Carter Bond Solicitors