Commercial Litigation Consultant
020 3475 6751
Temilola Ade-John is a highly experienced legal professional and advocate with substantial expertise in civil, commercial and IP litigation. Temi was called to the UK Bar in 2003 and cross qualified as a solicitor in 2006. With extensive experience gathered through a portfolio career which includes working as a partner in a firm, and through establishing a legal practice, she is strongly client focused and accomplished at providing resolutions through mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
More about Temi
Temi has vast experience in managing complex cases, multi-million pound claims and working across international jurisdictions, demonstrable commitment to maintaining the highest standards in legal knowledge and practice through engaging in continuous professional development. She is an accomplished networker and negotiator utilising networks for client acquisition and retention. Temi has gained a reputation among her clients as a tough, no-nonsense litigator and negotiator and has represented clients in a wide range of disputes including intellectual property, contract, insolvency, property, employment and construction. Having been called to the Bar of Trinidad & Tobago in 2013 and set up her own private practice there in 2014, Temi also provides legal services to clients based in Trinidad & Tobago. Temi is also in the final stages of being admitted to the Jamaican Bar.
As a Solicitor-Advocate, Temi also has Higher Rights of Audience in all courts in England and Wales and has advocated in Courts on behalf of her clients in a number of Civil, Commercial and Employment disputes in both the UK and Trinidad & Tobago. Temi’s clients range from listed companies, household names and high net-worth individuals to those simply seeking sound, cost-effective legal assistance. She is known for her friendly, approachable manner and her proven ability to deliver desired results.
- Successfully Defended and Counterclaimed on behalf of a UK landlord in respect of a highly contentious housing disrepair and unpaid rent dispute.
- Acted for companies and individuals in winding-up and bankruptcy petitions and in applications to set aside statutory demands.
- Acted as Legal Advisor to the Trinidad & Tobago Copyright Collection Organisation (TTCO) in both contentious and non contentious copyright matters
- Acting on behalf of housing Association Tenants in a class action against a well known UK Housing Association
- Acted for a noted UK author and activist in a Partnership Dispute arising from joint/disputed ownership of residential properties
- Advised a RIBA chartered development and planning consultancy in relation to a possible ‘passing off’ claim against a company offering the same goods and services trading under a similar company name.
- Successfully represented an individual in a High Court action in Trinidad against the State (Attorney General of Trinidad & Tobago) who was awarded substantial damages arising from a serious assault carried out by police officers and army personnel.
Temi is a member of the Black Solicitors Network. Outside of the office she is a keen sports (and Arsenal) enthusiast, enjoys travel, history and current affairs and is a lover of all things food.